Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Blog Series - Curves around the World - Curvy Plus size Outfits - WEEK #8 Celebrity Inspired

Phew this week has gone fast! I hope everyone is enjoying the heatwave? 33 degrees celcius is a tad hot me thinks. What's going on England?! 

Anyway, it is that time again and this week the theme is 'celebrity inspired'. 

My first thought was Adele as I love that girl but her awards style outfits are usually floor length black of sparkly black gowns none of which I have hanging around my house. Her 'off day' style is mostly photographed as leggings and a big woolly cardigan with a messy bun. Not the most exciting and a big woolly cardigan in 33 degree heat?! Not so much!

So another thought I had was Khloe Kardashian Odom. Clearly I do not have a crazy celebrity lifestyle and I definitely don't look like Khloe (although I do want my hair ombre/ dip dyed asap!) but  I really like her style and like the fact she glams up but also has her casual days wearing jeans, cardigans and comfortable clothes.
zimbio.com
genuardis.net
carlibfancy.buzznet.com
stylebistro.com
Researching more into Khloe's style I noticed a few things repeated. Wavy big hair, bold red lipstick, lots of eyeliner, lashings of mascara and always perfectly polished nails, big sunglasses, big earrings (often silver hoops), animal print, black jackets, giant handbags, and lots of black clothing. Khloe also often accents a chic all black look with small bits of colour and print eg a red lip, colourful handbag or scarf or vibrant nails.
Khloe Kardashian Celebrity Inspired  - curvy outfit - black jeggings - big handbag
Clothing/shoes wise I went for a black jacket (George @ Asda), plain black vest top (New Look), black skinny jeans (Matalan) and blush coloured sandals with bow and sparkle detail (Debenhams).

Accessories wise I added big black sunglasses with gold arm detail (Accessorize), an animal print scarf (Primark) and this:
Boccia black watch 
silver hoops bought in Spain
Mustard yellow statement ring to add a pop of colour

Modalu large Bibi bag in 'Shark'
Make up and hair wise, I did my hair wavy although it was a tad windswept in the photos! I did a bold red lip, bronze shimmery eyeshadow, lots of black eyeliner and lashings of mascara.
Face of the day silver hoops, smokey eye, red lip
Rimmel London Salon Pro Lycra Nail Polish / Varnish - 237 Soul Session -  Nude
I absolutely love this nail varnish. It is so simple and chic and looks fab with any outfit. (Full review coming soon!).
curvy / plus size outfit of the day / black / animal print / red lipstick
Overall, I love this look and to be honest it's similar to my own style. I love a basic black outfit and adding in pops of colour. I think its chic and timeless and would suit everyone! Plus its easy to do.

So, what did you think of this look? Leave me a comment and let me know and remember, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin. It's free and it means you can read all your favourite blogs in one place and won't miss a thing! Just click this button:

It's time to go and check out the other bloggers in 'Curves Around the World'. They are beautiful ladies and have fab blogs so please go and give them some love on their blogs :) 

Sabine (Germany)       http://binebutton.blogspot.de/
Kate (Australia)          http://sparklesandlace.net/blog/
Nina (USA)                http://curvymod.blogspot.co.uk/

As you can see we have the lovely addition of Sabine who is a blogger from Germany so let's all say a big hello to her and go check out her blog! Also, get in touch if you are a curvy blogger from a country who we don't already have in this blog series and would like to be involved. We would love to add other bloggers to our fun blog series!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,
    I love khloe kardashian and you did a wonderful job! You look so elegant.

    ♥ Bine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and I also love Khloe's style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like its gonna be a Kardashian week - im doing Kim though my pictures are not uploading since last night :( Love Kloe as well - your post really reflected her style and your style too. You are Looking great as usual girl - love that ring, really jazzes up the outfit.

    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I love the look! Its totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rockin it! Love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, Oh I think you did a great job. I love Khloe and I can totally see your inspiration of her in your outfit. I think you did a great job in recreating her style, everything from the outfit to the makeup! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, you've got that 'famous' look down pat! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. You look fab, lady. <3 *.* Love it!

    Love, Mel xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)