Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Blog Series - Curves around the World - Curvy Plus size Outfits - WEEK #15 POLKA DOTS

polka dot pattern outfit of the day curvy / plus size
Is anyone feeling dotty today? If so you're in luck.....

Today's theme is 'POLKA DOTS'. Polka dots are girly, pretty and fun, and patterns of all kinds are very in fashion right now. I love how polka dots are a simple crisp pattern that looks really cute and fresh in an outfit. Let's see what I came up with....

 I decided to show you two ways to wear your dots-one more out there than the other, one piece of clothing and one accessory. I like showing a few different options sometimes to suit different tastes,moods and styles, so I hope you enjoy.
polka dot strapless top Matalan - New Look cardigan -  curvy / plus size - spring / summer outfit
The first option I put with my Kurt Geiger suede bow sandals, black jeggings from Matalan, and a loose white cardigan from New Look.  Jewelry wise I had on my silver hoop earrings.

The top I bought on a whim to go on holiday last year (road trip in Canada), as I wanted something cool and casual that was easy to wear but also summery and fun. I knew we would be int he car a lot and out walking and sightseeing. This definitely fits the bill. It was £6 from Matalan. I love it. It is so easy to wear and you don't have to worry about sucking things in or whats showing. It's a soft cotton fabric, strapless, with ruching at the bust and a seam under the bust (which gives the top some shape and shows my figure a little), and then pleats which go all the way around the top. The edges to the pleats is a really nice extra detail that really adds to the top. 

Now pleating isn't usually too flattering but this seems to work and hides things rather than accentuating them. That's a fantastic thing, right girls?! 
Curvy / plus size outfit black , polka dot headband, black Matalan jeggings, Dorothy Perkins top
My second option is using accessories. I went for a plain outfit to show the headband off. The sandals and jeggings are the same and then I added a soft jersey top from Dorothy Perkins. 

The headband, from Primark, is soft and partially stretchy only half the way around. I think worn right it's fun and a bit different. I have the same one in a blush/nude colour as it was a pack of two. 
You can wear it in two ways, either the bow at the top or sometimes I put the bow underneath my hair at the back which makes the headband less OTT as just the plain band section is showing. 
Primark polka dot headband outfit of the day -  plus size / curvy
Want to see more polka dots? Here are a few other pieces I like:
Dorothy Perkins Polka Dot Dress £20
Asos Curve Boyfriend Polka Dot Jeans-  £40
What do you think of polka dots and which of my looks is your favourite? Leave a comment and let me know or tweet me @everysparkles which is your favourite. You could even attach a photo of an item or yourself wearing polka dots :)
----------
Don't forget to go and check out the other ladies in this blog series. They are lovely ladies and their blogs are fab! We all have different styles and takes on each weeks theme so go check them out!
----------
Also, don't forget to follow me so that you get all the latest posts and don't miss anything. Plus it's a lot easier to read all your favourite blogs and it's free. Click here or the button below.

6 comments:

  1. I sooooo want those jeans from ASOS!! I love both looks! I like the colour of the first top...so cute and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that polkadot layered top! I have a weakness for polkadots! :D

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer - Blog Giveaway Still Open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. ♡ Love the outfit with the hair-band. So cute. ♡

    ♡ Mel xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the turquoise top. Polka dots are one of my favourite prints. x

    Just me Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen I like how you show different the theme in different ways and then show things you like! The color of the first top is so pretty and the head band is great too! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. both looks are great but love more the 1st option - that top is really something I could wear now in Spring and pair with my skirts ... those KG sandals are also awesome, im a sucker for items with bows = cheers babe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)