Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Blog Series - Curves around the World - Curvy Plus size Outfits - WEEK #20 MAXI DRESS

Happy Wednesday ladies and it's that time again. Did everyone enjoy last week's shiny sequins Curves Around the World post? This week is a theme I really love, and although I only have a few items in this style, I will be definitely adding and buying more in future. I think the style is feminine, easy, pretty and can be worn by all body shapes and sizes. It's a very versatile style and can be dressed up or dressed down. 

I warn you now, this post is very warm weather orientated! All of the bloggers in this blog series are from all around the World and therefore some themes aren't always UK seasonal appropriate although I think this is the first time for me. Having said that this style can be worn with boots or Converse and a jacket on cooler days, it's just that I usually wear it in the warm weather.
Dorothy Perkins maxi dress / New Look cardigan / Kurt Geiger Black leather sandals / H & M sunglasses / Matalan black bag (seen in earlier blog posts) /  stud earrings / plus size, curvy outfit of the day for 
Maxi dresses are so easy to throw on without thinking out your outfit too much as you don't have to think about a whole outfit made up of lots of different items eg jeans, skirts, tops, jumper, scarf etc etc. If you want to you can throw on a jacket or cardigan you can do but other than that your outfit is done and you are good to go. In this previous post you can see another maxi dress in muted browns.
Dorothy Perkins maxi dress / New Look cardigan / Primark flip flops / statement necklace / H & M cross body bag in nude stone) / white watch / stud earrings / plus size curvy summer holiday outfit 
As you can see, I have used a few different photos as this was my go outfit for nice Spring days, and the Summer. The first and the last were taken over the summer on days out, and the one above was on holiday in Cyprus. I was wearing the same cardigan (it's my summer favourite as it's so bright),  but I do wear it with other things. The dress has light blue, navy, white, and green so you can pick out any colour. This dress can be worn on a casual day or a smarter occasion if you wear smarter sandals like in the first picture, wedges or heels and put on some nice jewelry.

Other than the fab print and great colours this dress has, my favourite thing about it is the style. The waist has a slight elastic section which pulls the dress in and gives a lovely shape and draws the eye away from other areas, which is so flattering and the length of the dress is also perfect. The neck is a drawstring style  ties at the back so if you are larger or smaller busted you can tighten or loosen the bust area which is great and there is a keyhole detail at the front.  It is literally a perfect fit and I can tell you I scoured the Dorothy Perkins site over the summer in the hope there would the same style in a different print but I wasn't successful. Let's hope for next year!
Dorothy Perkins maxi dress / New Look cardigan /bronze Birkenstocks / statement necklace / Dr style handbag- local boutique) / earrings-silver 
I cannot fault a thing on this dress. I adore the print, the style, the colours, and the fit. I bought it from Dorothy Perkins as I said. I can't remember the exact price but I remember it was in the sale and I think it was around £10. I remember buying it on a total whim and that it was a total bargain buy!  I've worn it so many times! It's so easy to throw on, it's comfy and doesn't need much in the way of accessories or extras. PERFECT!

Do you love this dress? What do you think of the maxi dress style? Leave a comment and let me know!

Subscribe by email or follow via Bloglovin, and if you fancy it come and say hello on facebook or twitter! I love to chat!!
----------
Now it's time for you check out the other ladies in this blog series. We are all from different countries and all have different styles and takes on each weeks theme so go check them out to see what they came up with! (Please note, we post every Wednesday but we all live in different time zones so if the posts aren't up yet, please check back later!)

----------
Don't forget to follow me so that you get all the latest posts and don't miss anything. Plus it's a lot easier to read all your favourite blogs and it's free. Click here or the button below.

5 comments:

  1. Helen, I love your maxi dress! I am on a hunt for next summer to find a nice printed maxi and I love the print and the style of the one your wearing. I will have that in mind when I'm looking for maxi's! I love the colors on the maxi too! :) You look great in the maxi too, great job Helen! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print on your maxi!! Maxi's make you look so tall! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy Perkins makes great clothes and you chose a beautiful maxi - first, it fits you perfectly and the colours are amazing. I love that Chanel inspired bag it goes nice with your dress. Great post girl :)

    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress, the cut and pattern really suit you. You're right, with a maxi you really don't have to think too much about it -- minimal accessories are enough to make the entire outfit, because the maxi does most of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress, the cut and pattern really suit you. You're right, with a maxi you really don't have to think too much about it -- minimal accessories are enough to make the entire outfit, because the maxi does most of the work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)