Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

Gemma Cruickshank Collexions Clothing Launch

Gemma Cruickshank Clothing Launch / Plus size and curvy outfits 
Not long ago, the lovely Gemma invited me to the launch of her clothing range. Although we hadn't ever met, we have chatted over good old twitter. She had told me she was doing her own collection, so when she invited me to check it out, of course I made the trek into Mary Janes Bar in London to check it out! Gemma is a size 22 so knows what us curvy plus size ladies like. She also represents the tall girls amoung us as she is 5"11. I'm not in the tall category I might add!

Firstly I have to start my saying, although having spoken to a handful of the bloggers who were going via twitter, I hadn't met anyone who would be there. So myself and Hollie (prettybigbutterflies Blog), decided to have a blind date and meet before hand. Nothing like walking down the street phoning someone who've never met, and asking what they are wearing so you can find them!
Gemma Cruickshank clothing collection launch - plus size, curvy outfit of the day

The first thing we did was get cocktails (Pacific Passion in case you're wondering), well it was happy hour and 2 4 1! How could I resist. We had fun chatting to others like Olivia who is a plus sized model and blogger Danielle who were both stunning! After that, Maeson, a friend of Gemma's soothed us with his voice and was a lovely chilled intro to the evening. 
Danielle Vanier - Blogger / Olivia Campbell-plus size model and myself @ Gemma Cruickshank launch 
Then the catwalk began and we had cameras at the ready. It was tricky to take good photos as it was so busy and the lighting wasn't a camera's best friend. However, I seemed to get decent (ish) shots of each model. Monochrome and pink, stripes and print were the themes running through the collection.

            
                                                     
                                   

My absolute favourite piece was the worn by the second model who was wearing a  lavender purple and monochrome stripe sleeved shirt. This was stunning and looked fabulous. My second favourites was tuxedo style jacket on the last model with black and monochrome panels, and the second to last model who wore a jacket with pink sleeves and stripe monochrome body. All the pieces were so lovely and Gemma has designed and created a gorgeous collection. 

It was a lovely evening and so nice to meet everyone in person and not just chat on twitter! Unfortunately I couldn't stay late, but  I look forward to seeing everyone at other events and catching up again. THANK YOU to Gemma for inviting me and  I look forward to seeing more of her work. She is a lovely person and so gorgeous, and so driven. She is set to make a big big name for herself in the plus size fashion world.

Find out more at Gemma's website. Her boutique will be opening soon so you can get your hands on some of her collection.
P.S Outfit post for what I was wearing coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)